4.3.09

Pacquiao Vs. Hatton Update - “The East vs the West”

East Vs West

Manny Pacquiao has realized one of his long-cherished dreams: To breathe the moist air in faraway England.

“My dream was to come here to England and it has come true,” Pacquiao told the British newspaper The Sunday Telegraph. “I also have the desire to take the light welterweight title, and it’s a big honor to be in another fight which the fans want to see.”

Manny Pacquiao arrrived at london for a press conference-cum-fan rally for the “The East vs the West” title clash to be held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas with his opponent Ricky Hattonm, come May 2.

Manny Pacquiao will be after Hatton's International Boxing Crown on the May 2 - “The East vs the West” slugfest. Having the winner of the said match the chance of being the light welterweight kingpin of the Ring Magazine.

“Every time I fight, I have to win because millions of Filipinos are hoping for victory,” said Pacquiao, who wore a suit. “Millions of people look to me to win. I have to go out and give everything.”

Hatton was more optimistic in front of his countrymen who naturally made up majority of the estimated 6,000 fans.

“On May 2, I’ll be the new pound-for-pound king,” Hatton vowed. “I’ve never been beaten at 10 stone (140 lb). This is my weight. This is where I do best. I promise all my fans I’ll win for Manchester!”

To which Pacquiao retorted: “Good luck but I’m going to win it for the Philippines.”

No comments: